Freaky Flutter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hi everyone! Today's card that I want to share with you all is inspired by the lovely photo over at The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge this week is 'Sparkly and Bright' and you have to use white/cream, silver, and pink! I recently won the Freaky Flutter digi over at The Greeting Farm and thought this would be a good challenge to use her. I don't really see many cards with Freaky Flutter but I think she is so gorgeous and versatile! What do you think?


The DPs that I have used are from the new Kissing Booth collection from Basic Grey. I really like this collection - it is so romantic! I inked all of the DPs, kraft stock, and the doily with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet so that they all blended nicely.


For embellishments I have used some bakers twine from my stash, a button embellishment from Prima and a mixture of Prima flowers. The pink tipped flowers are just white ones that I got from my local craft store and used the Victorian Velvet Distress ink on the ends of the petals. I find that customising flowers to suit your project is a great way for everything to tie in. You can see a mini tutorial I did of this here.



I stamped Freaky Flutter using Memento ink in Tuexedo Black, and coloured her using my copic markers. I embellished her dress (cake? lol) using Martha Stewart Sterling Silver Glitter Powder.



Other challenges that I will be entering with this card:


Thanks for stopping by :)

Supplies

        





You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This is sooo Adorable and beautiful colouring Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi alyce! thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! i love this card! it is so soft and pretty! wonderful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Alyce Hun this is just stunning love that adorable image so beautifully coloured and wonderful layout hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing over at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love how her dress is a cake very clever, it makes you look twice! Gorgeous colouring and fab dps.
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous! Great coloring! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome creation! Thanks for the inspiration. Glad I saw you on MIM!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Alyce. Fabulous colouring and I love all of those flowers!
    Susan xxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow gorgeous colouring, fabby card, saw it on mim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. I love the pretty flowers.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable, I really love your colouring and the gorgeous accents that you added... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this card.. so pretty .. that is one of my fav images too!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge