Keepin' it Simple

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's card that I would like to share is for the Clean and Simple challenge over at Young Crafter's Unite. I thought this would be a nice mid-week challenge to give me a break from all the copic colouring!

I used one of my new Basic Grey stamps to create a simple leaf design. To make each stem different, I masked off different leaves each time I stamped the image using a post it note. I stamped both the stems and the brown border using my Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Inks so that they would match. I love how you can get a really nice aged effect when stamping with the Distress Inks.




The little flower circles are from a pack of Lost and Found embellishments that I picked up at my local craft store. I was going to make some myself but the challenge is 'clean and simple' right? ;)
To customise the flowers, I pulled out the brads that they come pre-made with and used some Kaisercraft rhinestone embellishments to better match the tone of the card.

For the ribbon I used some seam binding which I picked up recently from Mad for Markers. In order to match the tone of my card, I coloured it using the broad nib of my G000 copic marker. I like how the copics give a really nice even tone when colouring seam binding. I tied the seam binding in a double bow to add a little interest and added three pearls to the top of the card.


And that's all! Like I said, nice and simple today :)

Take care xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Olavana, this is a stunning clean and simple creation. I'm loving the colours and the fabby flowers. Thanks also for the lovely comment you left at mine. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweetie this is one stunning clean and simple card,love the colours and those flowers are just beautiful,hugs Cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....I think I'm in total love! This is just gorgeous and perfect in every way! Love those pretty flowers and the ribbon and bow are just yummy in that wonderful color. So pretty and an outstanding card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love the pretty colors! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge