Cupcake Time - AFA DT Post

Monday, February 06, 2012

Hi Everyone! Today over at Anyone for Anya we have a fun new challenge for you: Sweet Treats! For my card, I have used Birthday Anya II with her yummy little cupcake :) Keeping in mind that Valentine's Day is around the corner...I decided to create a cute love scene using the My Mind's Eye Love Me papers.




I wanted this card to be really fun and bright so I used a combination of bright pink and blue to jazz up the card. The heart stamps are all from the Build a Valentine Stamp Set from My Craft spot. I coated the hearts in a blue glitter powder from Martha Stewart, and also coated Anya's cupcake in a pink glitter powder. The blue and pink flowers are from Prima, and the ribbons are from my stash. To tie it all in, I sewed around the edge of the card in a pink zigzag stitch, and around the vertical panels using a purple straight stitch.


I coloured Anya using copic markers, and distressed the edges of the papers using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet. Here are the copic colours that I used:

SKIN: E00, E50, YR00, E11, R11 (blush)
HAIR: E29, E31, E47
DRESS: (pink) RV13, R22 (blue) B02, BG05

Other challenges that I am entering with this card are:


Thanks everyone for stopping by and can't wait to see your creations over at Anyone for Anya! :)

Supplies



      

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. what a sweet card
    love the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is one gorgeous card Hun just love that image,and all that beautiful glitter hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, she's so cute! love the design and her hair color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair looks great! I love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and colouring Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the touch of blue on it. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and adorable with the colors and the image. Beautiful card!

    locksmiths sydney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for becomming a follower Alyce, I've just repaid the favour. Yay another fabulous Aussie talent!

    Cheers,

    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Alyce, love the touch of blue with the pink really looks great
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. You did such an awesome job on the coloring. Love the glitter too.
    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, the blog is lookin' great!

    I love this sketch... gonna have to borrow it. :)

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning, love the gorgeous mix of papers and fab stitching. She is such a wee cutie and her hair is coloured to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so sweet! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Alyce, love the highlighted hair and sparkly cake lol! Thank you for your kind comments and following, I am now a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations, happy crafting, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Alyce and thanks for popping by my blog and your lovely comment on my card
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet! I love all the glitter on that cupcake - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge