Queen of Hearts

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Hi everyone! I recently purchased some of the Saturated Canary stamps which I must say are absolutely fabulous!! I have always admired these stamps and I was so excited when I finally got some. These were a lot of fun to colour - there is a lot of detail in these beautiful pictures. The challenge this week over at the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog is Pink, Red, and White. I decided to go with a more funky take on the challenge and thew some black in there to mix it up a little from the usual Valentine's Day cards!


For my card, I have used the funky Queen of Hearts digi, which you can purchase from the Saturated Canary Etsy Store. She was so much fun to colour - even if it did take me all night! :) I have matched her with some black and white papers from Bo Bunny, and some pink and red papers from the new Kissing Booth range by Basic Grey, which I distressed by crumpling the edges. For those of you who looked at my blog recently with the photography problems they have been fixed!! :)




 I have used a funky black stitching to border the card, and have embellished using some beautiful flowers from Prima. I have also created a circular border using aqua coloured My Mind's Eye papers to highlight the aqua in the image. I quite like how this has turned out!


 



I have coloured Queen of Hearts using copic markers, and have distressed the papers using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet. Here are the colours that I have used:


SKIN: E50, E53, YR00, E00
HAIR: E11, E31, E35
DRESS: R11, RV13, R22, R05
AQUA HIGHLIGHTS: G000, BG34
GLOVES AND TIGHTS: B60, BV23







Other Challenges that I am entering with this card:


Basic Grey Challenge - Love/Valentine (I have used the Kissing Booth papers)
Ispy Sketches
Annabelle Stamps - Say it With Hearts
Mad for Markers Monthly Challenge - Pink/Red
Copic Oz Colour Challenge (I have used my closest colours! These are the only R's I own so tried my best :) I definitely need some new copics to add to my stash!)


Thanks for stopping by :)


Supplies


   

You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. Alyce !!!!! oh my!!!!
    this is just so awesome!!! and do i see the hints of a dawny p sketch there too?!
    your queen of hearts is a complete stunner and the papers are just so yummy!
    thankyou for coming to join in with the challenge over on the saturated canary challenge blog!
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!! This is fantastic. :)

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! She is adorable and you've done a fabulous job of colouring her and creating a gorgeous card! Love this Alyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Fantastic coloring job and I also love the different papers you used. I really like that funky stitching, it has a touch of fun to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, she is gorgeous!!! Really great coloring, adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your coloring is stunning!! Thanks for joining in with the Special Agents of I Spy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and colouring Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Dinah! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Wow! Your colouring is phenomenal!!! Thanks for playing along with us at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW... wish you could come visit me and teach me coloring... this is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Alyce she is beautiful! Fabulous colouring! Love the Flowers, love the stitching too! Thanks for joining in at AnnaBelle Stamps. (Have you loaded this to our Gallery? you should!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous, alyce!! i just saw it on icopic top 3! congrats! i've been thinking about getting these stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this,a great image.Saw you on MIM.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work. I saw your card on MIM and I am glad I did. Red is so hard and I would have never ever thought of aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and colouring Alyce.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at icopic.com . I hope to see you back again this week for our new challenge.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    http://www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute card, great image and love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really pretty! What a great card!!! I saw your creation on MIM and had to pop by to see it up close!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, a gorgeous design, beautiful colouring of the Saturated Canary image and beautiful details.

    Thanks for so much for joining us at the Basic Grey challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Popped over from MIM...your card is stunning and that image is just cute.. I am going to go have a look in the etsy store.. thank you for sharing
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing colouring Alyce, she's just beautiful!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty card, I saw it on MIM and came for a closer look. Lovely colouring!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorg card seen u ova at MIM love saturated canary images too they are just so cute and fun to color :) hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Alyce, gorgeous colouring, love how you have stitched to. Thank you for joining us in our Red/Pink Mad for Markers Challenge, happy crafting, take careX:) p.s. could you please link and list us in your post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Alyce.. This is a Beautiful card.. Saw this on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how very lovley!! Fantastic colours you have gone for and lovely papers too.
    Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



    Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
    them on Make It Monday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the stitching and bit of aqua border. Too fantastic. I adore Saturated Canary, I need to pick myself up some, they are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply stunnig, your colouring is amazing and your card is just perfect for our love theme. Thank you for joining in the Basic Grey Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE this! Saw it on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOWZA!!! This is just gorgeous! I so love the crazy stitching. Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  30. cute card great colours thanks for playing at mad4markers challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Alyce,

    Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers. Today is voting day so head on over to the challenge blog to vote! Good luck :)

    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge