Ardella

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hi everyone! Today I have a card to share with you all showcasing the gorgeous Ardella from Make it Crafty. How amazing is she?! If you haven't checked out their line of products, you need to head over there now and take a peek! The lovely Zoe even made sure I received my birthday pressies on time this week :)


I teamed Ardella with my new favourite papers...Kaisercraft These Days. So lush and vintage! I have also added some beautiful borders using my Martha Stewart Swirling Lace punch, some flowers from Wild Orchid and Prima, and some of the fabby chipboard from Make it Crafty. I know I waffled on about this earlier in the week but it does add a really nice touch and is so versatile! I inked my flourish up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, and used some loose glitter powder on the butterfly and corner embellishment.


I coloured up Ardella using copic markers. Here are the colours that I used:

Skin: E00, E50, E53, E11, R11
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Dress: YR000, YR02, YR20, YR61
Wings: YR000, YR02



I don't know if you have heard, but Make it Crafty is also having a Design Team call for their store this week! I would like to put forward my card as my application :)

Here is a bit of extra info for you Zoe :)

1. Country you reside in (DT is open to everyone worldwide): Australia! :D
2. What style of creations do you like to make? My style is probably 'bright vintage' (if that is a style? lol!)
3. What do you enjoy most about crafting? I love how crafting is a great way to explore my creative side; I enjoy experimenting and playing with new ideas, and I always find it very rewarding to see the finished product. I also love the variety of products that are available and the endless ways to use them. It is also great that the crafting community is so close knit and we have the opportunity to view and be inspired by such lovely creations on everyone's blogs!
4. What are your favourite products at Make it Crafty? I am in LOVE with the chipboard products. Can't stop using these! I have a bunch of new cards to put up with them coming too :) And I cant' go past the fairy images....these are just beyond amazing!
5. Why would you like to be on the Make it Crafty team? Apart from already having and loving a HEAP of the chipboard and digis, I think that Make it Crafty would be a good fit for me as I am always inspired by the design team's creations and love participating in the challenges. I really enjoy trying new techniques and I would have a heap of fun using all of the products on offer!

Here are a few of my favourite projects too:

http://kitandclowder.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/birthday-love-and-wishes-m4m-blog-hop.html
I had a lot of fun colouring this up! Everything just seems to match so well and I had a bit of fun playing with new techniques of using my dies as stencils and inking up the background.

http://kitandclowder.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/fairy-fae-makes-wish.html
Love the tones in this card...it feels so whimsical and fun :) Plus I just ADORE this image - she was a heap of fun to colour up!

http://kitandclowder.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/winter-blues-afa-dt-post.html
This was a fun card too. I love the vintage feel of the card and love the image - it is so versatile and can be used for anything!

http://kitandclowder.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/grow-some-odd-girl.html
I love how all of the embellishments have come together in this card and the tones. A lot of fun to colour up! :)

Hope you all liked seeing my card with the beautiful Ardella and that it inspires you to get creative this week!

Here are some challenges that I am going to enter with my card:

Digital Tuesday - Life is 'Peachy'
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Spring is in the Air
Stamping with the Dragon - Things with Wings
Copic Marker Europe - Skin Tones
Create Me Pink - Tear It Up (I have torn the dps to create a distressed edge, and inked up the cardstock with distress inks :)
Pixie Dust Studio - Favourite Things (I used my new favourite paper pad :D)
Secret Crafter - Shabby Chic/Vintage


Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies




You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. wow! this is an amazing piece of art! I love the colours, the image... it's all just so wonderful! Thank's for joining us at SSP Challenge!
    :-) Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww
    great work
    i hope you get in DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. *jaw drops* Your colouring is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Alyce! I love the colors and all the fantastic details! Exceptional coloring of the awesome image! Good luck on the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card Alyce !!! the image is beautiful and your colouring is amazing !! :-)

    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog so I could come and find you !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, this is just gorgeous! i wanna color like you!!!! hehe. i love those chipboard elements esp with all that glitter. i hope you get a spot on the dt--you'll be a great addition plus you're so talented! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a super card I love the colours and the image is devine !well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous I love your colours, fabulous creation big happy hugs love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so beautiful sweetie...and loving the colours too..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous, Alyce! Wonderful details and Ardella is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stamping Pixies and good luck for everything:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is flippin' amazing! Your coloring is outstanding on this! So many fine details to color in. I spent forever on that darn Wryn stamp with the bird, I can't even imagine how long this took you!lol

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow Hun,this is stunning,your colouring is just brilliant along with your amazing,attention to detail hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous card. I just love your colouring.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!! Your coloring blows me away each and every time!!! Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply breathtaking Alyce. Superb.

    Good luck with the MIC DT call, I'm sure with your talent they will snap you up!

    x M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness!!! BEAUTIFUL! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card Alyce. Your colouring of the image is amazing and gorgeous details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card and colouring Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't imagine Zoe not wanting you on her team after she sees this. More of your amazing coloring Alyce. The shading is just gorgeous. You rocked this one girl! (as always :-) ) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is so beautiful and your coloring is wow! I love all the details and I know I would want you on my teams!

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful coloring and just love how you've done the pleats and folds.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Alyce, simply gorgeous. Beautiful image and awesome colouring. Love your wonderful design.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Alyce, this is just stunning. I don't know how you get such perfect shading on such an intricate image. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! all the details are fab and your coloring is beautiful. Perfect colors. :)

    -Annie Rose
    p.s. To answer your Q: for my highlights, I just use a while Gelly Roll gen pen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, fabulous image and perfect for our challenge of Vintage/Shabby Chic at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colours you've chosen and the kraft is brilliant with it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute job, love your Vintage/Shabby Chic touch!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is gorgeous, Alyce! Your coloring is gorgeous, love the color combo & design and all of the distressing/embellishing! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is stunning Alyce!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sweet and I love all the embellishments you added! Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Alyce this is just stunning! Love her hair, that auburn is a gorgeous shade. Good luck with the team, hope you get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful coloring and beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the SSP Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Jay Jay

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH WOW! Yo´re card is amazing!!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Alyce!! This is gorgeous and one of my faves from MIC! Gorgeous coloring and beautiful use of the chippies. I would vote for you if I had a say, you'd make a great fit!!
    Good luck!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. truly stunning.
    Carol


    www.dreamees.org.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge