Geisha Girl - AFA DT Post

Monday, March 05, 2012

Hi everyone! This week over at Anyone for Anya the theme is Asian Element. I grabbed the Geisha Girl over at CC Designs and had a lot of fun colouring her up! I love her sweet kimono and hair accessories :) I used the March sketch over at I Heart 2 Stamp as inspiration for my layout...I changed up the extent of the background square, turned the rectangle into a circle, and used my flowers as the circle embellishment :)



I have used some gorgeous papers from My Mind's Eye - these are prob my new faves! I've also used some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, a paper butterfly from my stash, and some black rhinestones from Kaisercraft. I distressed all of the papers using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo.



^^ This photo is kind of a weird angle but I was too lazy to retake LOL! I coloured up Geisha using copic markers, and these are the colours that I used:

Skin: E50, E53 E00, E11, R11
Hair: C3, 0, B60
Kimono: (Red) YR02, R22, R05, R29 (Brown) E31, E35

Don't forget to play along this week as there are some great prizes up for grabs! :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges that I am entering:

All That Scraps - Sparkle (Black sparkly rhinestones...though they didn't photo
so sparkly!)
I Heart 2 Stamp - March Sketch
Crafty Emma Challenges - Flower Frenzy


Supplies

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. This is so beautiful. I have to use this layout sometime. I love it! :)

    -Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, design and you rocked the coloring - her hair looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Alyce. I love your colouring - a really gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous, alyce! i love how she looks and the dress is so beautifully colored! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and colouring Alyce.. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, love this card. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Just perfect for the challenge. I'm still stumped on what to do for mine....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring especially of her kimono and love the layout you've used!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and beautiful coloring!

    Merit and Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I love your coloring and DP. You rocked that image. Thank you for joining us at ATS this week!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  11. great coloring
    lovely image

    thanks for playing with ats

    Janine DT ATS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning sweetie this is perfect in every way hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's GORGEOUS! Such a lovely card with this precious image. Love that butterfly on there too! Just perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely..the colours the butterfly..the papers!!
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge