Dressy Joyce + CAS Attempt Take 2

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are not too full from all of the chocolatey goodness today :) Being Sunday we have a new challenge for you over at Anyone for Anya - a gorgeous Bee inspiration photo! Pop over and take a look as we have a great prize for you this week! Sadly this is my last card for Anyone for Anya :( but I will have some exciting news this week so stay tuned! I have really enjoyed my time there and all of the ladies have been so wonderful and inspirational...I will miss you guys!!

For my card for this week I have attempted CAS again LOL! Well CAS for me anyway. Please be gentle with my CAS cards lol - they are waaaaaay out of my comfort zone and I don't really know why I am CAS (for me) inspired this weekend but all should be back to normal next week :) hehe!

I have teamed up this AFA challenge with the challenge over at The Greeting Farm which is to create a mini card - no bigger than 4". Now let me tell you this was HARD! But it did force me to be tone it right down. I have used the gorgeous Dressy Joyce from The Greeting Farm.


I am practicing my photography skills...getting there but I am still not capturing as much detail as I would like...

I have cut out some little hexagons and propped these up using dimensional foam dots. The little hearts have clear diamond glaze on them to make them shiny, and I have sewn little leaders using black thread. I printed the sentiment on the computer and added some black rhinestones for good measure.


I coloured Joyce using copic markers. Here are the colours that I used:

Skin: E50, E53, E11, E00, R11
Hair: Y00, Y21, E21, YR21
Dress: C3, C5, C7
Shoes.Heart: R22, R29



Challenges that I am entering this card in:

The Greeting Farm - Good Things Come in Small Sizes (my card is a 4x4")
Authentique - Sketch Challenge
CropStop - CAS


Hope to see you all playing along with the challenge this week! :) Happy Easter!

Supplies 


You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Hey there special lady, this is simply gorgeous. Love Love Love the hair! Your talent is amazing.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alyce, wow, I love the sheen you've captured on her hair - fantastic work my friend.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just love this! Thanks for playing along with us on Authentique's April Sketch Challenge!

    ♥ Emily Lanham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Alyce!! She is gorgeous!! I was just thinking about using her the other day! Love the popped up tiles, and the black sewing to create the hanging hearts is genius! Awesome CAS card! I too have not yet perfected taking pics. (long way from it) You can never quite pick up all the pretty glitter or stones just the way you want. (grrr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute, Love the hair!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card honey, perfect CAS style card. Love all the "white" space you've created here, and awesome colouring as always. Smiles.
    Simply stunning creation.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab image and love the way you have made her hair shine Alyce well done . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so gorgeous Alyce...and fabulous colouring too hun :O)

    hope you are having a lovely Easter...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alyce!
    Wow, this is beautiful! And all on a little 4x4? Terrific! Gorgeous coloring and I love the hexagon patterns. The stitching for the hearts is a really lovely touch and Dressy Joyce is gorgeous!
    (I think I already know your news, so congrats in advance!)
    Hope you've had a wonderful Easter weekend!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just Fab Alyce! Love all the patterns of paper you used your amazing coloring.

    Happy Easter!
    &
    Crafty Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have done a brilliant job with the CAS style, the image and design look great, I love it.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweetie, cute card, love the yellows and the cute little 'honeycomb', very clever idea.
    Happy easter
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet, alyce!! i love all the tiny details. sad to see you leave AFA but can't wait to hear your exciting news! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely card have you made, i love all the details and the sweet little girl is beautiful coloured!

    love, Merit and Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable!!! I just love the honeycomb pattern that you created! so unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring and love the hexagons...look like honeycombs!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and your colouring of the Anya is simply precious. Why have I never seen this anya before. Hmmm. She's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooo she is cute
    love the paperpad

    im little bit sad...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, Alyce! So beautifully coloured and I love the design! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Alyce, that is amazing! So clever and love the yellow and grey together - very on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is so pretty Alyce. I really love how you coloured all of her, particularly her hair... she is having a GREAT hair day :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've done her justice, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What are you talking about girl? You aced CAS on this card. :-) It is hard to keep from putting a little bit of this and a little bit of that on there isn't it. LOL Gorgeous coloring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Alyce, love your CAS card! Love the background you created and how your image pops off the card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! Love the design. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card...and your coloring is outstanding!!! Love you incorporated patterned paper to create the honey combs in the background, to tie your card together, with the sentiment. every clever and well executed. Thanks for joining us at CropStop this week.

    Hugs.
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness! I love the simplicty of this design. All eyes on Joyce and those beautiful blonde locks!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so very much for Joining us Crafty Catz with absolutely adorable creation its just perfect for our challenge,

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge