Marci with Bunny

Monday, May 20, 2013

Hello! I have a fun project to share today...I got all of my new prima goodies in the post and so had some fun making this weekend. I am happy to report that the no mojo from last week has gone :) New products are always a great trick to getting over a lost mojo! My creation for La La Land Crafts this week is a door hanger using Marci with Bunny.

My doors all have ugly handles so I've hooked it over some Ikea pots ;) I inked up my Tim Holtz clock die using Lindy Stamps sprays and lots of frantage. The sentiment is cut out of the Prima Lifetime paper pad.

A yummy prima button all frantaged up :) 
For her dress I really wanted a pretty pinky peach which copic doesn't seem to have so I decided to invent my own colour! When thinking about the colour that you want, try to look at the tones. For example, I wanted a peach (my usual combo would involve peachy E93 or E95), so I thought to couple this with a midtone pink for my darker colour. As I wanted a more pink than peach I decided to go with an R00 base which would mean it is basically a light pink with a peach feel. My advice is just to experiment and if at the end of the day it looks terrible you can always just throw it out :) 
Here are the copic colours that I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E53, E43, E57
Dress: R00, R11, E95, RV34
Stocking: W0, W1, W3
Bunny: E40, E41, E43, E44

Thanks so much for stopping by today :) xx




You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. This is adorable Alyce xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love tha colour for her dress. I am experimenting to find the perfect light pink, not too bright. Have most of the Ciaos but no sketch yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Alyce! Love the pinky peach and all the prima goodies!
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a gorgeous way to classy up something you'd rather not see. I love your idea here and your ingenious way of creating peach!
    Beautiful work Alyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and fun. I like clock!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Alyce. I love the sweet image, wonderful colouring - her dress is such a pretty colour. Your detailing is gorgeous as always.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, she's gorgeous!!!! Love the peach colour you made up and the beautiful button. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMW, that is ADORABLE!! I love the circle shape, and the gorgeous pearls!! What a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever to make your own color! Beautiful and stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love all the layers and effects! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Goodness, your colour work is absolutley beautiful! This is fabulous :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Clever idea! It is So Sweet love all those tiny embellishments and gorgeous Fran-tage everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, your colouring is flawless and gorgeous. I like the clever way you have used the clock die.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your peach colour. Beautiful. Also love those ikea pots. Look forward to hearing more about your online classes too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous! Love the color of her dress!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation, just LOVE all the stunning embellishments!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so gorgeous alyce.really pretty colours and details and I love the sweet girly ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous. Flawless coloring.

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful alyce. i've always adored that little marci. this is a beautiful ornament to grace your doors. very inspiring!
    ;D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable idea! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful combo you came up with, and as far as the image goes...well it's perfection as always. Sorry to hear your mojo went for a walk, glad it's back again. Gorgeous door hanger, love how you placed Marci in front of the clock, which of course looks fab with all that frantage! Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge