Eva + Yuki

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well today! I just wanted to share a couple of colouring pieces with you today both using Saturated Canary/Little Darlings stamps. The first one I have to share is Eva.

To get the beautiful background I printed some Michele Roos digi papers straight onto my copic X-Press it blending card, and then stamped using my Desert Sand ink by Memento to get a No Lines look image. Because the middle of the paper is such a soft colour, it allowed you to colour just straight on top :)

Here are the colours that I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E31, E33, E35, E47, E49
Outfit: BV000, BV00, BV02, BV13, BV08, RV10, RV24
Pink: RV10, RV34, E04

This next one is a little experiment from me! I have just got some AMAZING watercolours called L'Aquarelle by Sennelier. They are really stunning! They are made with honey to make them extra rich in pigment and smooth to use. So I tried to make a little scene for the first time here :)

I got nervous and still coloured Yuki with copics on X-Press It blending card and just pop dotted her on top of the scene. 

These are the copic colours that I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: Y21, E35, E37, E59
Dress: BV000, BV02, BV13, BV08, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99

Watercolour Paints that I used:
I had to mix my own colours from the following colours listed. I have the 14 pack of pans.
Grass: 899 Forest Green, 805 Green Light, 211 Burnt Sienna
Sky: 315 Ultramarine Deep, 326 Phthalocyanine Blue, 917 Dioxazine Purple, 689 Alizarin Crimson
I also added white acrylic paint for details.

I hope this inspires you to try some new techniques and mediums today! Thanks so much for stopping by x

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Wow...STUNNING! I can almost see the dress move, and smell her perfume... Alyce, I am out of words..... you have such a way with colors and shades,you bring life to your imnages. copics and you make a fantastic team.I love love the idea of printing the background like you did,it would be lovely in a frame!
    Cheers from Montreal.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning Alyce....you are such a perfectionist and I really admire all your work.

    hugs
    Elly P
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow they are just stunning images Alice! your colouring is sublime!
    Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh Alyce .... these are both absolutely stunning... but my favourite has to be Eva... the folds in her dress and her hair.... WOWWWWWWWWWW!!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are amazing Alyce!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is BREATHTAKINGLY gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous, Alyce! Love visiting your blog to be inspired! Fabulous idea to print the dp straight on to the copic blending card! Will store the idea for later use:) And the watercolor background- is there any medium you can't make magic with? I am so impressed by your talent! Thanks for sharing, hun. Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring. And what a great idea to print out a background on the paper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and coloring Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having the drive to be involved in venture capital is certainly not common among most individuals. Also, emphasize that you suspect discipline problems will be minimal because your Cardsharing Server lessons are very interesting and engaging to students.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both Awesome! Very Clever Idea and both look Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're an artist Alyce, totally love everything you do!

    Love, Franz♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous as always Alyce. No need for nerves. I actually googled the paints immediately upon reading your post. Still debating a change Lol. You always inspire

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous, Your water coloured background is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wondering how you managed to get the image onto the paper as it didn't look like she had been cut out. Cool idea, and so very beautiful.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge