You Are Lovely

Thursday, January 05, 2012

*UPDATE - My card has just been announced as a winner of the Sentimental Sundays challenge!! Woo!! Thanks so much to the team at Sentimental Sundays!*


Here's my entry for the Mojo Monday Challenge! I have used the Birthday Anya stamp from Craft-A-Lot again on this card. I felt that this stamp fit the layout nicely and it gave me an excuse to practice that hair again!




I played with a few different techniques on this card, namely the Tim Holtz Distress Inks which are a lot of fun. The pink circle behind Anya was created using the Antique Linen and Fired Brick Distress Inks. I used my blending tool to apply these to cardstock, flicked the paper with a paintbrush and some water, and ironed the cardstock for the final look. I also used the Fired Brick ink to distress the accent borders of the card.







 I have also used the Martha Stewart Edge-Punch Medallions around the edges of the patterned paper. I really like the distressed effect this gives. To add to this look, I lightly sanded the paper and edges. I saw this on a Tim Holtz tutorial and it just gives a really nice vintage touch.


Here is an image of this week's challenge over at Mojo Monday:



Other challenges I am entering this week are:



Thanks for visiting :)


Supplies


 








You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Nice card, and your colouring is great! Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olavana! I remember being on your site once before and commenting how cool it was that you show all your products visually...well again...it is super cool!!! Your card Olavana is precious. The image you chose is adorable, the coloring is stellar and I love how you chose to back it with the dark papers. I wish you the best of success in your challenges and of course ours, at Sentimental Sundays. Love and a Hug, Samara - DT - SS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the papers and design are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind words - and word verification is now off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at TTT! x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge