Colouring at the Cancer Council

Saturday, September 21, 2019


Hi everyone! Hope you are having a colourful week. I was so excited this week to be able to head back to the QLD Cancer Council Lodges to teach some free art and colouring classes to some of the people undergoing cancer treatment. I took in a simplified version of our brand new Taking Flight Class, featuring this beautiful image from Power Poppy, so we could make some coloured candles. As the butterfly is a symbol of hope, regeneration, and restoration, I thought this would be the perfect project that they could display in their rooms during their stay at the lodges.



My favourite part about doing these workshops is that no one has ever coloured before, and at the start of the class everyone is feeling a little nervous and unsure if they can create something. Then, once we get started, it gives them a chance to take their mind off what they are going through, to just take that mental break to recharge, and before they know it they've created something they can be really proud of. It shows if we just give ourselves a chance to try new things without pressure, then we are more capable than we think. I am a little limited on photos I can take due to privacy, but here is a few samples that were created - didn't they do a fabulous job! 


If you want to learn to create your own coloured candle, we have a class in our Mini Class Bundle 2 here.



The next time you are feeling nervous to jump in, I hope you will think back to this post and know that if you just give yourself the chance to try then you can start on your journey to learning more. As these wonderful people will tell you, life is too short to hold yourself back and say "I can't" - the worst that can ever happen by having a go is you make a mistake, learn from it, and grow that little bit more for tomorrow. The only time you can ever fail is the time you don't start as that's the one time you can't improve. 






I want to say a big thank you to our class members - your support is what has enabled us to do these free workshops for the hospitals - thank you! Just by being brave and giving yourself that chance to do something special for you, you are giving us that chance to help others aswell and I can’t thank you enough ❤️   



If you are looking for a little motivation to get started this week, make sure you check out our newest motivation chat over in our Kit and Clowder Colouring Group here:


Our brand new Taking Flight Colouring Class is out now over at www.kitandclowder.com! Suitable for absolute beginners-advanced as we break down the very basics of each technique to gently challenge you to try new things and grow your colouring. Receive lifetime acess to do at your own pace. Love to see you join in with us!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing this Alyce 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Alyce!!!! They did a wonderful job transferring and coloring on candles!! You just don't know how excited I was when I saw this!!! I am going to find my class on this so I will have the directions. I am going to try the image with the dragonfly. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your generous give away on Scrapbook Expo. Coloring has been my nemesis for way too many ears. I was thrilled to find out about you. Looking forward to learning more. Love the quote about fearing to make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge