Sweater Socks Fairy

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hi everyone! I am sharing my cards for the Roses are Red, Violets are Blue theme this week over at Live and Love Crafts, and also the Special Occasion theme over at Saturated Canary :) My favourite crafting colour would have to be purple... so I picked the "violet" out of the saying to use for my card!! :)

This card has a really sweet story behind it :) A lovely blogging lady named Jenny recently had a birthday... and her lovely husband contacted me to make her a special suprise birthday card! I wanted to make something really special with the colouring...and let's face it... who doesn't love fairies?! So this is what I ended up with.

I always have people ask about these gorgeous letters that I use alot on my cards. They are actually cut out of a Pion Designs paper page called Pink Butterfly and Letters. If you are making cards, make sure you get the 6x6 page as the 12x12 letters are huuuuge ;)

I coloured up this cute image, called Sweater Socks Fairy by Saturated Canary, using the No Lines technique which gives it a really soft appearance.  Here are the copic colours that I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29, E49
Outfit: Purple V000, V01, V04, V06, V09 Green YG03, G21, G94, G99

Hope you all like her and thanks so much for stopping by today! :) xx

Supplies
(click the pictures to view product info)


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. oh my jaw is just all over my pooter keyboard right now!!!! romfl!! this is just stunning hunny, I love it
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! Love the dies, doily, and stunning flowers. Fantastic coloring, and such a pretty image!!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card as ever hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Alyce!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so new to this. There is a no lines technique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous,so much detail and gorgeous colours, isn't the SC challenge Seasons Greetings though?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute stunner Alice. Love the color scheme and design. TFS
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning alyce.really love your gorgeous image and details and fabulous colouring as always ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation Alyce, so many amazing details to look at. Love it!
    Have a nice weekend!!
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Alyce!!!! I'm sure she was thrilled!!!! Love the butterflies hanging on the side of the card and also the gorgeous letters. The ribbon and your colouring are awesome. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Alyce, I am not sure I even know where to begin, you have such a stunning and imaginative style to your colouring you make whatever you just jump off the page. I get compliments on my colouring but then I look at your work and I realise just how far I have to go! Your designing is also fantastic, something you definitely have over me!!
    Way to go kid, you have brightened up my evening no end, so Thanks for that
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pardzo beautiful work.
    Wonderfully made ​​and lovely-presented
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Stunning card and colors Alyce ..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, this is so gorgeous! awesome coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge